Who we are:
LTVTA is a grassroots organisation that represents, supports and connects the tourism industry of Launceston and the Tamar Valley.
· We will represent our members by being a voice for the local industry and advocate to relevant industry organisations.
· We will support by communicating relevant opportunities and listen to issues and concerns at a local level.
· We will connect by providing opportunities for building relationships and product awareness at ground level.
What we’ll do:
1. Represent organisation and advocate on behalf of our local industry
2. Seek feedback on what tourism operators need
3. Distil relevant information from all that’s available and communicate to our local industry
4. Provide avenues for operators to discuss, share and learn
5. Provide opportunities for tourism workers to learn about local businesses with information sessions and familiarisation programs
As we finalise our structure and membership model, the following tourism professionals volunteer their time on the LTVTA committee:
Chair: Sam Denmead, Tourism + Marketing Consultant, Green Hat Tourism
Vice-Chair: Liana Seadon, Sales Manager, TasRedline
Secretary: Jo-Anne Larter, Gorge Scenic Chairlift
Treasurer: Anne Ranson
Angie Hart, Team Leader, Tourism & Events, Liveable Communities, City of Launceston
Damien Blackwell, Tourism Development Officer, West Tamar Council
Meagan Bennett, Manager Liveable & Connected Communities, George Town Council
Christine Pritchard, Industry Services Advisor, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
Claudia Vinson, Executive Officer, Tamar Valley Wine
Taihlaura Denman-Francis, Consultant, Kingthing Marketing
Why join the LTVTA?Our focus is on SHARING KNOWLEDGE and FOSTERING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS.
We will encourage this by connecting members at regular networking functions.
We’ll provide the most current information on issues of relevance to our members, to keep abreast of the constantly shifting playing field. We’ll present opportunities for you access skills training, we’ll bring in expert speakers to address YOU at our functions. We’ll connect you to the people that provide an excellent source of referral business – your industry colleagues.
At the core of our organisation is our members and we exist to look after our industry.